Sunday, November 30, 2008

Dinosaur Nursery - MURAL




























I'm very lucky that I get to become friends with the people who commission my murals!
Some of my new and very good friends (because I think they are just the nicest, most sincere people I've met in a very long time) asked me to paint the nursery of their first child who is on his way to meet all of us sometime before Christmas this year!
I was thrilled to be able to paint the dinosaur-themed nursery for little A J and I am certain he will be very happy in his wonderful room.

Dad had some specific requests and I was pleased that I met them to his approval. = D

Here's the checklist:
1) Dino reading "Danny and the Dinosaur", wearing spectacles
2) Palm tree in corner of room
3) Volcano in other corner of room
4) Dino riding bike/trike wearing Astros cap
5) Mother with Son dinos
6) Pterodactyl - made this the little boy's kite
7) Hatching eggs - dinos - specifically Triceratops (they are peace-lovin' dinos!)

The mural is floor to ceiling and wraps around the perimeter of the entire room. I think it will be a great space for a little boy. He should be able to enjoy it as is for several years!

No comments: