Saturday, November 29, 2008

Sophie's Nursery
















I have some friends who have a beautiful, happy baby girl named Sophie. I was lucky enough to be asked to paint her nursery.
Sophie's parents had painted the room with the rail painted white going around the perimeter of the room. This divided the top portion of the walls which are painted a light green and the lower portion, painted a bit darker green. It's a pretty effect as you can see in the pictures.
They had seen the monkeys I painted at St Michael's http://www.24hrer.com/ in Sugar Land and thought they'd be cute in Sophie's nursery. I agree!
The mural is along two walls. The giraffe looks over the changing table and the tail swoops onto the closet door. The tree that the monkeys hang from goes up onto the ceiling. A branch of the ceiling also "hangs" over a window where the rocking chair sits. There are a lot of details that are hard to capture in these few photos. The elephant's trunk is up for luck and waving "hello!" to all who enter the nursery. There are butterflies, flowers and ferns all along the bottom portion of the wall. This makes the room have a fun, lighthearted effect.

No comments: