Saturday, November 29, 2008

STMER - Clinic, Reception Area and Pediatric Murals











I was comissioned to paint 3 murals at an emergency clinic in Sugar Land two years ago. The first was in the reception or lobby when you first enter. It's taken from Michelangelo's famous "The Creation of Adam" and includes only elbow to elbow from the original artwork.
This was a challenging work for me since of course I'm not Michelangelo and I didn't have years to complete the work!
The other 2 murals I painted there were the two pediatric exam rooms. One is the "Noah's Ark Room" and the other is the "Jungle Room."
Here is the reception area mural.
Saint Michael's Emergency Center is a lovely 24 hour facility in Sugar Land. If you have an emergency or need care after hours, this is definitely the place to go! http://www.24hrer.com/
Go by and check out my murals, they are much prettier in person.
You can contact me here: earth2mp@yahoo.com

No comments: