Saturday, November 29, 2008

STMER - Westheimer - The International Room - MURAL




























The mural I just finished painting is at St Michael's Emergency Center - it's the second clinic that they've just opened. http://www.24hrer.com/
It's located at 9000 Westheimer in Houston and the room is called, "The International Room." I called it that because I wanted it to appeal to the diverse groups of people who will be patients at the clinic. There are those adorable elephant and lion exam beds in the pediatric rooms so I wanted to incorporate the animals in the theme as well.
In order to tie all of the elements together in a pretty way, I painted a border around the perimeter of the room. It's flags from about 70 nations. I tried not to repeat any and if I missed your country, I apologize profusely. I tried to touch as many parts of the world as I could. Please try to come by and see the murals in person. They are so much more vibrant and alive when you are there in the room.
I hope you'll come to St Michael's to see the murals for yourself!

No comments: